Subject: [Leica] Leica on wheels
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 12:02:08 -0600

Tom

>>Typically I just carry a IIIf and 50/3.5 in a ziplock bag in my jersey
pocket. Probably not the smartest idea from a protection standpoint.<<

If you mean protection from moisture (as in sweat) that's a problem for me
too. I rode a century with my M6 in my jersey pocket, and I think that was
worse on the body and lens than if I'd spent a day at the beach battling sea
spray. I can't carry anything against my body when I ride. I do all types of
outdoor sports, winter and summer, and cycling is one of the most difficult
to get right in terms of attire (i.e. what to wear and how to layer). The
Ortlieb bag sounds interesting. So you carried a 4X5 on your bike? And a
Ries tripod? I'm impressed, and a little envious :).
Dave