Subject: RE: [Leica] another use for black tape - Snapshot Skopar
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 13:08:21 -0800

I've used one of those when I shot slides that were intended for use in TV commercials.  It helps make sure you compose them correctly, and don't end up cropping important details when the slide is broadcast.

I've created similar screens for a Hasselblad, for use during weddings.  I scribed two pairs of of grid marks on them, to outline the dimensions of a vertical and a horizontal 8x10.  I used them to be sure I wouldn't chop off heads or feet in the final prints of group shots, and things like that.  Does Hassy now make a screen with those crop marks?  If not, they sure ought to.

Paul