Subject: Re: [Leica] Xtol experience
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 15:22:16 -0500

Mark, The Rabid, Rabiner:

I think we're talking about the same thing, basically. You read a test
strip, and I don't trust my eyes so I read off a meter! Once I calibrated, I
can tell you how many seconds of exposure with each color to expose to get
any specific tone. Just a matter of methodology. Some roll, I invert and
twist!
If a shadow is too dark with a 5 seconds exposure, and I know that the high
contrast emulsion will give me a .97 change in the print or paper density
for every stop- or .3 log change in exposure, then I can control the shadow
by reducing the exposure proportionately. So if I wanted to make the shadow
area say light by a log value of .1 or so, then I reduce the exposure to
say- 4.5 seconds.

You do it with test strips, I do it with numbers- and a probe! Same result.
It is just I am more comfortable with a probe (and this is a small one
hooked to a fiberoptic cable!)  :o)

Dan ( Poke me! Squeeze me! Take me home!) Post

Message from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Xtol experience)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Xtol experience)