Subject: Re: [Leica] DOF + M6 modifications
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 17:00:43 +0800

Hi Robert,

If it is any comfort the slotted battery cover for the M6 is not a regular
production item and I am told that fewer than 100 have been produced (as of
last month - and this was the communication/PR division at Solms who told me
this). I have 6 of these including what was described as a prototype
(indistinguishable to my untrained eyes!). They are not catalogued nor are
they regularly stocked by any Leica distributor though some make it through
here and there. I suspect the reason they are not too keen to use these is
that the finish wears very quickly what with all those fumblings with
whatever coins are available at battery change time...

I think Tom A's idea (soon to be realised???) to fit an on/off power switch
onto a battery cover is a great idea but how to get the thing on and off the
M6??

Tom (and Shintaro) have also made a few rapid shutter dials with fold out
levers, like on the rewind lever only smaller, which seem to be very
effective too. I think the M6TTL dial is fine though.

Rs (n Ms)

Adrian

p.s. the R4 type cover will screw in and works but looks pretty odd.
- --
Adrian Bradshaw
Corporate and Editorial Photography
Beijing, China