Subject: [Leica] Viewfinder brightness R6 vs R6.2 vs R7 vs. R8
From: "Birkey, Duane" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 13:36:04 -0500

I'm still doing some R comaprisons and fact finding and who better than to
ask but the LUG Gurus......

Would anyone care to comment on the relative brightness of these four
viewfinders, R6 vs R6.2 vs R7 vs. R8??..  I found from the Pop Photo tests
that the R-8 viewfinder loses 1.6 stops of light where the R-6 loses 2.5
stops...   So are the R-7 and R6.2 viewfinders the same as the R-6 or
brighter???  I've been looking but haven't found it anywhere....  Does
anybody here know for sure?.... and more important....does it matter in
practice when using a lens like the 80-200 f/4 ?  One well respected member
of the LUG mentioned that she hasn't noticed any difference in brightness
between the R8 and R-6.2

I found it interesting that for matters of comparison with my existing EQ
that... the EOS 1N loses nearly 3 stops..... 2.9 to be exact...

As much as I like the viewfinder of the R-8... I'm still wondering if I'd
rather have a lighter body especially when I'll be hiking or am going to lug
it around all day.

Duane Birkey
HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador