Subject: Re: [Leica] Bayonet - screw adaptor question
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 16:38:19 EST

In a message dated 11/15/00 2:36:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dcardish@microtec.net writes:

<<  just picked up a Leitz bayonet to screw lens adaptor from my local
 dealer, and have a (dumb) question.  Is there a trick on attaching it to
 the camera?  It seems to be quite tight while mounting it, and I'm afraid
 that if I bayonet it in all the way, it will be too difficult to remove. >>

The trick is in knowing how to remove it correctly.  Release the bayonet and
slowly turn the lens counter-clockwise a fraction of a rotation, until it
hits a clear stopping point.  Do not remove the lens from the body.
That detent will provide enough resistance and stability so as to enable the
lens to be unscrewed with the same degree of torque required to remove the
lens from an LTM body, assuming it was tightened to the degree it would have
been on an LTM body.
IME, there is no problem in tightening the lens in the bayonet adapter to the
same extent one would in mounting the lens on an LTM body.

Joe Sobel