Subject: [Leica] Stealth tripod
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 07:53:55 -0800

At 08:35 PM 11/15/00 -0700, Paul Arnold wrote:
>Mark,
>
>Based on my experience I respectfully disagree as to the invisibility of the
>tripod. For my (prospective) subjects the tripod has screamed CAMERA HERE --
>BEWARE.
>
>But perhaps my experience is unique among more experienced shooters.
>
>-- Paul

It has been my experience that people in front of a camera on a tripod,
ignore the whole thing. People, however, go out of their way to NOT walk in
front of your tripod. How do they know the front? By the way you are facing.

Try this. Set up a tripod and camera, regardless of camera type, and have
the camera face one way, and you stand and face the opposite way. People
will go out of their way to go behind you (in front of the camera), or they
will pause, duck and run, then apologize.

But in either case, folks that are "already" in front of the camera on a
tripod, are oblivious to the fact that their photograph is being taken. But
not true if you stand there and raise a camera to your eye.

IMHE,

Jim

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Noctilux vs. Summicron)