Subject: Re: [Leica] How to get comfortable with my Leica?
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 18:27:28 -0500

At 02:51 PM 11/16/00 -0800, you wrote:

>A theme or a "self project" should be a part of every photographer's life, pro
>or amateur, as this creates a personal challenge to do something for yourself
>and not because some editor hired you to shoot some dumb ass thing.
>
>ted

Amen!   As always, Ted is right.  Go out with a project in mind and you
will come back with many more photos than just going out for a "photo shoot".
That is what I do for self-assigned stock photo shoots.  Imagine that you
have an assignment to photograph something in particular - look at stock
books to get ideas.
Then go out with this assignment in mind.  That gives you a frame, but
don't ignore any possible gifts that appear.  I have found that those are
even better than the "assigned" ones.  But if you go out with particular
photos in mind, you will be able to relax and actually recognize those
gifts when they appear.

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP