Subject: Re: [Leica] How to get comfortable with my Leica?
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 15:38:24 -0800

>In a message dated 11/16/00 12:35:42 PM Eastern Standard Time, tt@tristan.net
>writes:
>
><< I'm not really at the point of being comfortable been seen taking
> pictures. I guess I'm shy and even afraid to take pictures of people
> in the street... >>
>
>    That looks like the real issue, at least preliminarily.  I got past the
>problem by using a cosmetically flawed IIb with Summitar at first.  People
>generally ignored me.  If they were at all interested in what I was up to,
>they probably were wondering why I was going through the motions of taking
>photos, without benefit of anything that looked like a camera.
>[snip]
>Joe Sobel

i too have had the latter experience. seems that to most folks, "camera"
means one of two things: the honking slr with a telephoto lens dangling
from its middle like some obscene appendage, and the seemingly inocuous p&s
with which everyone is familiar.

when i have been approached by commentators on the street, it has generally
been by helpful folk who want me to know that when i took their picture,
the flash didn't go off.

guy

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net> (Re: [Leica] How to get comfortable with my Leica?)
Reply from Ted <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] How to get comfortable with my Leica?)