Subject: [Leica] FS - WTB a Series VII UVa filter; what is 14161 for???
From: Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 22:17:33 -0500

Here we go.

I would like to buy a Leitz Series VII UVa filter.

It is for a 135mm F2.8 Elmarit.

I thought this was supposed to take a 55mm filter, but it
has a ring with a part number 14161 on the lens.  If I remove
this rint, the 55mm filter does not thread on.

Anyone know what this part is for (the 14161)?  There is
no thread on it; it looks like just a cosmetic ring.

Thanks all.  Please contact off-line for
the sales negotiation.

Vick

Replies: Reply from Akhil Lal <akhil.lal@bcc.cuny.edu> (Re: [Leica] FS - WTB a Series VII UVa filter; what is 14161 for???)