Subject: Re: [Leica] UV filter for Noctilux-measurable light loss??
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 07:07:34 -0700

Well....it ain't so Joe!

I am taking advantage of the fact that I live in the near far North and will
not be seeing the sun for a few hours yet. I set my trusty Minolta Auto
Meter IVF to ISO 400 (reflective with dome off) and went looking for a dark
hole to crawl into. The big problem was finding a place I could meter and
see the display as well. Finally I found a tone that gave me 1 second at
f1.0 and 0/10ths (the meter reads to tenths of a stop). I then held up an
old B+W 39E 010 1x filter (UV not MC)in front of the measuring cell and hit
the button. SAME READING EXACTLY.

Cheers

John Collier