Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Noctilux vs. Summicron
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 09:41:53 -0500

> Simon wrote:
>>[ snip / Noctilux thread ]
>>Have you ever run into a situation where a one stop difference in
> shutter speed has made the difference between an >acceptably sharp

> Absolutely, I am considering a Noctilux. It's just a matter of $, but it
> is on the list for sure. When I get it will undoubtedly open up
> possibilities of all types which are impossible for me now & I can't
> wait to own one.
>
> Having said this, I pretty much consider all of my cameras and lenses
> "means to an end" and I don't see anything remotely vile in that. Nice
> as Leica glass is, I'm afraid that referring to a particular lens as a
> "medium" strikes me as just a little over the top. To me, the creative
> potential is in the photographer and the lens, any lens, even a "LEICA"
> lens, is just a tool.
>
> Regards,
>
> Simon Stevens

For all those LUGites interested in the Noctilux and are not members of the
LHSA, consider going to the LHSA website where they have a couple years back
issues posted which includes articles on the Noctilux, Summilux, Summicron
and a very good story on low-light shooting. http://www.lhsa.org

Steve
Annapolis