Subject: Re: [Leica] brassed black paint Leicas
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 16:14:41 -0500

>>i also offer the following garantee: your camera will *never* see the
>>inside of an ever-ready case or camera bag, absolutely *no* velcro will be
>>used to protect the body and/or plastic strap guards, and under no
>>circumstances will the rangefinder ever be adjusted, the viewfinder cleaned
>>or the leatherette oiled or polished, and you have my word on that.
>>
>>guy
> Fellow LUGgers,
>
> Guy Bennett is trying to shortchange you on this "brassing" service.
>
> I promise to brass your camera AND not return it to you until it is a
> fully certified COLLECTIBLE. This could not possibly happen in less than
> 30 years. Do not be decieved by statements to the contrary. Take them as
> you would a pregnant chad. There is no way to shorten the process. Not
> even in Florida.
>
> When you have me brass your camera you can be assured that it has spent
> the full time in the process with no shortcuts. Don't throw your chance
> away.
>
> Like a fine wine, a Leica takes time to be brassed properly.
> I am willing to take the time.
>
> Henry

WHOA!! Those two guys are REALLY  ripping you off. I can offer you an
original Black Paint M2 that has had 40 years of GENUINE brassing.
Gauranteed to have been dropped many times. Has suitable dents, scrapes, and
scruff marks. Has been repeatedly banged into by Nikon F's and F2's.
Vulcanite definately falling apart. Mechanically perfect. I can offer you
this fine specimen of Leica craftsmanship for a low 5-figure price with a
2-day return policy if not completely satisfied.

Steve
Annapolis

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] brassed black paint Leicas)