Subject: [Leica] RE: RE: Thomas duplex super safelight
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 08:01:25 -0800

At 08:16 PM 11/16/00 -0800, Frank Filippone wrote:
>I assume Jim checked himself for paper fogging.....but I can not answer this
>question, only to quote what I was told by Thomas.....every 2 years.....
>
>Jim... were you using modern VC paper?  Does this make a difference?
>
>Frank Filippone

This was many years ago Frank. As I said, it was not my darkroom. I helped
the owner get a large print job out and if I remember correctly, it was VC
paper. Perhaps Varigam. But the darkroom had been in use for years and I
was basically helping out a friend. The safelight doors were open and I did
not notice any fogging however I personally did not run a test. I had no
reason to.

The darkroom was about 15' x 20', resin plywood sink as an island in the
middle, enlarger benches on three sides, D2's for B&W, Durst L1000 with a
Pavelle color head for color, and an 8x10 Elwood for big stuff and making
16x20 "contact" sheets from 35mm and 6x6. The Thompson hung from the
ceiling, in the middle of the room, directly over the sink. 10 to 12 foot
ceiling.

Long time ago...

Jim