Subject: Re: [Leica] HP-5 Plus
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 07:48:44 +0100

Roland,

My suggestions for dim scenes with the Noctilux are:

B&W: Ilford Delta 3200, rated at 1200 and developed in XTOL
Color neg: Fujicolor PJ 800
Slide: normally speeds over 200 are useless, but the new Provia 400F may change
that.

If you want 400 B&W film, try Ilford Delta 400 developed in Ilfotec DD-X or
XTOL.

Nathan

Roland Smith wrote:

> I haven't used Tri-X in several years.  I have recently used HP-5Plus
> recently in 35mm and 120.   I have tried both Acufine and D-76 at recommend
> film ISO speed and chemical time and temperature.
>
> The grain has been so large, that I am considering push processing slower
> emulsions when I need a speed of around ISO 200.   I will probably use
> either Plus-X or more likely FP-4Plus.
>
> Has anyone found the same grain problem?  What experience have some of you
> had in exposing FP-4Plus at ISO 200?
>
> I would like to get fine grain results using my Noctilux in dim light.
>
> Roland Smith
> roland@dnai.com

- --
Nathan Wajsman