Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica AG, Hermes handbags!!
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 04:26:47 -0800

Cool... back to REAL leather body coverings, none of this vuclanite or
rubber-like stuff.

I don't pretend to understand Japanese marketing nor Europeon
corporate-alliance-conglomerate structure.  Hermes is not an obnvious
partner INHO.  A 30% increase over the past 3 months all time lowest dismal
price sounds like either a real desperate need for cash infusion that they
can not get from the bank or a disgusted owner that is bailing out.  Neither
is a good sign in my opinion.....It also implies that for about $60M you
could own Leica........

Thought..... what about the LUG and LEG offering a counter offer.....for a
30% ownership in Leica..... 18M euros is about $15 Million... how many
members, about 750?  $20K each?  If I could really influence the future of
Leica's new product development, I might just............

No wonder they want to exclude the USA from dissemination of these
facts..... Gates or another dot-com CEO could pop for the comapny and have a
Pentium IV controlled AF Leica M7....and EXCLUDE the leather ergonomics and
Forbes magazine panache...and maybe turn a real profit.....

or even make correct vertical VF adjustment at the factory!  ( Spilt milk
talking...)

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net