Subject: RE: [Leica] I'm going to Las Vegas
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 04:04:29 -0800

Red Rock Canton is about a 20 minute drive due west of the city.  Get there
late in the day, and watch the red sunset warm up the rock faces!  I should
have included that suggestion.  It is a really special place.  I took
pictures there about a year ago, and stayed until the sun really disappeared
in a beautiful red and blue sky.  Mos tof the best red-rock faces are right
near the start of the park, and the drive is 1 way, so stop and "smell the
roses" as you see them.

If you like neon signs, and the cacophony of optical noise that confronts
you, bring color film just for the night signs....

Hoover Dam is about a 45 minute drive SE of the city ( on Boulder Highway no
less!).. plan on any part of the day as a good time for the tour. A truly
awesome place.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net