Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica dream kit (WAS 90 F2 Summicron: M vs. R for can dids)
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 11:01:02 -0800

>We may also be remiss in leaving out the 135/3.4 M.  I've been
>hearing some stellar reports of the long M lens lately.
>
>Dan

You won't get any argument from me on that score.  I've got some shots of seagulls on the wing taken with that lens that are beyond reproach.  A long-range test shot (taken hand-held, pace Erwin) scanned at 4000 dpi shows more resolution than I will ever use.  It might be a bit awkward to use for portraits, but for a general-purpose tele it's remarkable.  I've sure never seen a 135 in its class.

Paul