Subject: [Leica] Re: 90 F2 Summicron: M vs. R for candids
From: "Richard Setchim" <rvys@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 07:12:46 -0000

Dan Honemann asked whether 90M or R was better for candids. My observations
based on using both:

>'floating frame' of M suits me better - you can see what the subject is
>doing outside the field of view of the R viewfinder.

>no blackout during exposure with an M so you know if the subject blinked.

These are really comments about M rather than R camera. As for the lenses
themselves, the Apo M produces the finest images BUT I am very disappointed
it doesn't focus closer with the result that in practice I am using other
90mm for portraits.

Regards,
Richard Setchim
London