Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 90 F2 Summicron: M vs. R for candids
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 00:11:15 -0800

Richard Setchim wrote:

> Dan Honemann asked whether 90M or R was better for candids. My observations
> based on using both:
>
> >'floating frame' of M suits me better - you can see what the subject is
> >doing outside the field of view of the R viewfinder.
>
> >no blackout during exposure with an M so you know if the subject blinked.
>
> These are really comments about M rather than R camera. As for the lenses
> themselves, the Apo M produces the finest images BUT I am very disappointed
> it doesn't focus closer with the result that in practice I am using other
> 90mm for portraits.
>
> Regards,
> Richard Setchim
> London

The 90 m's covers an area  8.5x13 inches
That's a real tight head shot!
I feel of all my cameras my Leica m is the best for head shots or tight portraits.
I keep in tough with my subject through the viewfinder with no blackouts.
Hate those mirror blackouts!!!
They always happen right when i take the picture!!
did they blink? Did I?

24mm=  630x950mm or 25x37 inches
35mm=  430x640mm or 17x25 inches
50mm=  277x416mm or 11x16 inches