Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: 90 F2 Summicron: M vs. R for candids
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 06:28:46 -0700

On 22 Nov 2000, Mark Rabiner wrote, at least in part:

> The 90 m's covers an area  8.5x13 inches
> That's a real tight head shot!
> I feel of all my cameras my Leica m is the best for head shots or
> tight portraits.

<snip>

Sure, it's a no brainer! The M for candid portraits for all the
reasons mentioned. For more structured portraiture (which
wasn't a part of the original question) the R on a pod with cable
release will give the photographer the ultimate clear view of the
subject without a worry in the world about blinks, expressions
etc.

Candid = M
Contemplative = R

- --
Roger, List-Owner
The LEG (Leica Enthusiasts Mailing List)
http://www.topica.com/lists/leica

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Re: 90 F2 Summicron: M vs. R for candids)
Reply from "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org> ([Leica] RE: Re: Re: 90 F2 Summicron: M vs. R for candids)