Subject: Re: [Leica] Question about Voightlander Skopar 25
From: MEBerube <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 12:51:49 -0500

At 09:20 AM 11/22/00 -0700, Tom Tristan wrote:
>I'm thinking about getting the Voightlander Skopar 25 lens for my M6. I
>understand that this lens does not couple with the Leica rangefinder. I
>assume this means that I will not be able to focus by looking through the
>viewfinder on the M6. Rather I would simple have to use the numbers on the
>barrel of the lens to estimate focus. Is this correct?

This is correct. At f/22, setting the focus clickstop at 1 meter (there is
no 'ft' scale on my copy from the UK) DOF is from 0.7M to infinity for
acceptable focus. Wide open (f/4) DOF is from 2.5M to infinity in
acceptable focus.

Very nice little lens. Robert White in the UK has them about the least
costly that I've seen.
Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Berube