Subject: Re: [Leica] III F versus Nul Leica
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:15:16 -0800

According to their half-yearly financial report, Leica booked dealer orders
for 3,000 of the buggers at Photokina alone, about a year's worth of
production. Given that they didn't have to sink any money for R&D into it,
the Model 0 looks like it will be a sorely-needed cash cow for the company.
I may not be interested in buying one, or any of the special edition M6's,
but if sale of those models is going to bolster the company's financial
viability, I don't have a problem with that approach.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.