Subject: Re: [Leica] 90/2 Apo Aspheric: stiff focusing ??
From: kfung@kaifa.com.hk
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 11:43:17 +0800

I didn't notice any unevenness on the focusing ring on  my 90 Elmarit. But
it is much stiffer than the 50 & 35 summicron I got. I had the 90 for a
little over a year now, except for the stiffness on the focusing ring
everything else works just fine. Since you mention yours is uneven, you may
want to either check it out at the dealer or return it. Anyway, all lenses
I got are smooth and even through out their entire focusing range, let
alone the stiffness on the 90 Elmarit.

regards,
ky fung
Failure Analysis
Tel: (86-755) 327-5000 Ext. 33215
Fax: (86-755) 327-5376
E-mail: kyfung@kaifa.com.hk

                    "David Freedman"
                    <dpfreedman@worldnet.att.net>        To:
                    Sent by:                             <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.
                    owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-        us>
                    alto.ca.us                           cc:
                                                         Subject:     [Leica] 90/2 Apo
                                                         Aspheric: stiff focusing ??
                    00-11-23 10:02
                    Please respond to leica-users

A question for you 90 Apo Aspheric owners:  I just got one and, right out
of
the box, found the focusing action to be extremely stiff and uneven.
Rotation is smooth from infinity down to approx. the 8-foot mark on the
scale, then gets noticeably stiffer down to 5-feet or so, then eases up a
bit. With the camera up to my eye, I actually find it difficult to turn the
focusing ring from near to far. Is this typical or should it be exchanged
for a different sample?

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks much,

Dave F.