Subject: Re: [Leica] 90/2 Apo Aspheric: stiff focusing ??
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 21:55:04 -0800

>I didn't notice any unevenness on the focusing ring on  my 90 Elmarit. But
>it is much stiffer than the 50 & 35 summicron I got. I had the 90 for a
>little over a year now, except for the stiffness on the focusing ring
>everything else works just fine. Since you mention yours is uneven, you may
>want to either check it out at the dealer or return it. Anyway, all lenses
>I got are smooth and even through out their entire focusing range, let
>alone the stiffness on the 90 Elmarit.
>
>regards,
>ky fung

ditto on the stiff focusing ring on the 90 elmarit. compared to my other
lenses (24 elmarit/35 summicron/50 summicron) it's stiff!

one of my ltm lenses had a stiff focusing ring, and when i sent it to s
krauter for a cleaning, she loosened it slightly  for me.

guy

Replies: Reply from "David Freedman" <dpfreedman@worldnet.att.net> (Re: [Leica] 90/2 Apo Aspheric: stiff focusing ??)