Subject: [Leica] Re: Lugers, Leicas, and a Walther
From: "Bill Lawlor" <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 21:03:29 -0800

I will let every Luger know if I someday find an old German submarine filled
with new Leica III .
Chears
Jo GOODTIMES , France

Maybe there is an old U-Boat filled with "Lugers"? If they were packed in
cosmoline they would be worth more than Leicas. My Dad was in WWII in France
in '44. He came home with a Walther PPK 7.62 he got from a GI who traded him
for the Leica Dad won in a poker game. He said all the Lugers were trading
too high on the black market. Dad was a Army Air  Corps dentist. Actually,
for a few hours a "dentist with a Leica".

In 1989 I went into a small  camera shop in Munich looking for an "older
Leica". The shop owner told me he had none because "the GIs got them all".

Bill Lawlor