Subject: [Leica] Re: What's wrong at Leitz NJ
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 04:56:31 -0800 (PST)

Gee
How selfish of me to expect a core department
of a publicly traded corporation to be open on a
normal monday; Just as selfish as it would
be to expect new R8s to work reliably or to expect
images on m6 finders to match up vertically and
horizontally right on the money.
when a well calibrated lens is focused at infinity,
they way they did with m3s and m4s.

I have made a perfectly valid criticism and yet it has
been treated as a personal attack upon the people who
work
in Jersey. I suggest you go back and re read my post.
I altready said
it wasn't a matter of people taking off on vacation.
It is a question
bad communications and bad staff coordination. I have
worked in the
services sector as well and can tell you from
experience that there is no
excuse for leaving an entire department unmanned on a
monday.
You are defending the undefendable. If you feel that
your friends in NJ
have been attacked, that's too bad. I have been
dealing with Jersey on and off
for about 20 years and can tell that the quality of
the service has gone from
great to terrible.

Finally, lets remember that what I'm asking for
isn't a super high strandard of service but merely
the same standard that donut shops, insurance
agencies,
hardware stores and candy stores are all perfectly
capable of maintaining.