Subject: [Leica] Re: Get bent, part nth
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 17:53:15 -0700

On 24 Nov 2000, Mike Johnston wrote, at least in part:

> Erwin,
> I would really appreciate it if you would stop commenting on my
> posts. Every time I say something, you jump in with 500 lines of
> blather anxiously attempting to refute whatever I say. I think
> most luggers are intelligent enough to form their own opinions of
> what I write without your obfuscations.
>
> As for myself, I'm flattered that you're so concerned with every
> word I say, but I'm not interested in your overanxious critiques
> of my opinions.

You don't suppose that Erwin merely wants to insert his opinion
on something that you said, do you Mike? If you write it here or
on the LEG, the reader has every right to comment on it. Erwin's
comments are always without rancor and no flames are directed
at anyone. If the shoe fits, wear it!

Obfuscation? Hardly! Erwin directs his energies against
obfuscation in the way he knows best. The scientific method!
Obviously, that doesn't fit everyone 100%. I can't appreciate
some of Erwin's posts because I don't have the background with
which to analyse it. Similarly, I can't photograph like many of
the folk here because I just don't have the eye or as good a
handle on the craft. These shortcomings of mine are the reason
I am here and on the LEG.

You have blown your own horn here enough, that most, I'm
sure, are convinced of your expertise in editorial layout and
selection of photographs to further that task. Likewise, a high
level of photography and darkroom smarts is conferred to you.
Why can't you grant Erwin his smarts in an area that you are
either shy of experience or just plain disinterested in?

Mark Rabiner asked you, some time ago, a rather leading
question about your current degree of vestedness [sic] in Leica.
I don't recall seeing a reply. I'll again ask, How much time in
Leica do you have?

- --
Roger, List-Owner
The LEG (Leica Enthusiasts Mailing List)
http://www.topica.com/lists/leica