Subject: Re: [Leica] V35 enlarger deal, Turnley book
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 04:47:40 EST

In a message dated 25-11-00 01:34:48 GMT Standard Time,
michaeljohnston@ameritech.net writes:

<< Also, anybody interested in actual photography might want to check out
Peter
 Turnley's excellent new book _Parisians_. I haven't perused it yet, but at
 the bookstore I thought it looked like the real deal--a long-term project
 undertaken for authentic reasons (i.e., real interest in the subject) by an
 experienced shooter who obviously knows a good picture when he sees one. (I
 have no idea what he shot the pictures with, but I really don't think it
 matters.) Check it out if you get the chance-- >>

This book was well written up on the Digital Journalist web pages last month,
together with audio clips with Turnley - very interesting. Turnley is a
Magnum photographer and Leica user currently on a semester out at a NY
university.

Gerry

Gerry Walden (UK)
Tel: (0)23 8046 3076