Subject: [Leica] Re: jupiter 85 f2.0
From: Stanley E Yoder <syoder+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 21:09:14 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from mail: 24-Nov-100 Leica Users digest V18 #207 by Leica
Users digest@mejac
> The focusing action is quite stiff, and when focused to 1.5m and
> closer there is a gap showing between the forward end of the focus ring and
> the rear skirt of the aperture ring. The seller said that they are all like
> that. My question: is it true they all have this gap at the close focus
> range?

I think they all do, at least the chrome ones. This lens is separable -
the optical section from the focus helix/RF cam. Simply grasp the two
parts and unscrew.  Usually revealed are one or more shim rings of
varying thickness to establish a uniform back focus for each example.

Stan Yoder
Pittsburgh