Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V18 #210 how nice we are (long)
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 06:34:45 +0100

Dave,

I had a similar experience when I was on a Suzuki mailing list a couple of years ago. The level of abuse and the level of brand fascism (everybody who rode anything but a Suzuki was by definition a total idiot, lowlife etc.) far
exceeded anything seen here. I too was sorry to leave, since there WERE some helpful people there, but in the end the signal-to-noise ratio was just too low.

Nathan

D Dailey wrote:

> Dear listers, from an "outsider:;
> I am fairly new to this list.  I enjoy it a lot.  You really are a polite group with just a couple
> rough spots once in a while.  I am glad to scan the posts and learn more.
>
> An Example To Make All Of Us Feel Better...
> I recently dropped off the VFR mailing list.  It is a motorcycle mailing list for folks who own Honda VFR 'cycles.
> I dropped off because I got tired of EXTREME language, physical threats, one death threat, and LOTS of misinterpretation of comments among the listers.
> MANY of these guys seemed to have nothing better to do than write each day criticizing each other and making rude personal attacks re: each others posts.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch