Subject: Re: [Leica] London, Ontario?
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 10:49:13 -0330

Chandos Michael Brown wrote:

> I'm going to London, Ontario in mid-January to act as an external reader on
> a dissertation and to give an academic paper.  Are there any Canadian
> luggers who might give me some sense of what to expect in the place
> (besides snow, ice, and likely freezing temps)?  I'll have a day to myself,
> which I'd as soon put to good photographic use.

Don't underestimate the snow, ice and cold  :^)  It will be a major
factor in your picture taking activities... either in the subject matter
or in sending you to the pub seeking warmth.

As you know, London, ONT is a college town. Nice campus, neo-classical
stone buildings ( affectionetly know as the country club in university
circles).

A nice river and parklands run through the town. Farm contry not far out
of town for rural pix.
If you head downtown there are a rew seedy bars with great histories.

...all of these should be covered in ice and snow and make for great
pictures with or with bright sunshine.

cheers,
Greg (who spent 3 months in London, ONT working on a facinating murder
investigation)