Subject: Re: [Leica] Toronto get-together in the New Year
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 09:06:46 -0330

On Wed, 06 Dec 2000, you wrote:

> > f/1 school to
> > cutting edge street photography!! And it'll be BLOODY cold!!<<<<<<<

Johnny,  What dates are you looking at?  I expect to be in the area in late
Janurary.

Ted Grant wrote his Vancouver Island tourism propoganda:

> It was the last four words that did me in!  When I moved to lotus land here on
> the west coast of Canada, even better,  to a wonderful island of leica
> photography images par excellence,

LIES, LIES, LIES.....  Newfoundland is the true Island of Leica for people of
"stronger stuff".

>I swore an oath I'd never go east of the
> Rocky Mountains  between October 31 and May 1 of any year!  Unless of course I
> was paid handsomely to do so. :-)

You would not like the assignment I just got back from in the Gulf of St.
Lawrence.  Will post some pix later tonight.   Sub zero temps,  sub zero water
temps, 100kmph winds, freezing salt water spray and ice cover rock cliffs  :^)

....and the M6's never faltered!  Now its off to the shop to get the salt
residue cleaned off.

 --
Greg Locke
St. John's, Newfoundland