Subject: Re: [Leica] Leitz NJ- poor service
From: Jesse Hellman <hellman@home.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 20:11:40 -0500

A few years ago I sent a 50 Summicron to Leica in NJ because the
focusing action was stiff. They sent it back telling me that it was OK.
I called and the man in repair indicated that they could send it to
Germany if I wished - he would not explain what they would do in Germany
that they could not do. I was baffled. Eventually it loosened up some.
Much later, I asked Sherry Krauter about it - she said it was just a
matter of applying a different grease, sort of like a 5W oil for my car
instead of 30W. No big deal.

All other contacts with them over the years had been fine. Maybe I had
spoken to the receptionist while the repairman was on vacation. Just a
thought.

I like John's idea of how to attach a tab to the 50 a lot. I will ask
Sherry if she can do it - it would make a wonderful lens more
functional. Does anyone know if tabs can be obtained from the NJ parts
department?

Jesse