Subject: Re: [Leica] New Provia 400F film
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 23:46:03 -0800

Hi Nathan,
A note on the new Provia 400 slide film:

It just arrived here in Victoria Friday past and we picked up a 100 rolls
cleaning the store out right away! :-)  This is an extremely fine grained, almost
no grain, 400 film.  Sandy got some in Seattle a week ago and we shot it right
away. It's a zinger of a film and without a doubt the finest 400 speed film I've
ever seen.

It also pushed to 800 very well with no appearance of grain. Very nice "natural
looking" colours, not the hyped up Velvia and 100 VS look. Our results were so
conclusive we popped for a 100 rolls as soon as it came in the door of the store!

And Sandy is off on an assignment to India Wednesday for three weeks taking 80
rolls Provia 400  as her main slide film, backed up with some 100 SW just in case
for the appropriate place. Not to mention rolls of B&W.

ted Grant

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] New Provia 400F film)
Message from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] New Provia 400F film)