Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-R Extension Tubes/100 Macro
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 06:20:39 -0800

> Andy Schaub wrote:
> Subject: Leica-R Extension Tubes
>
> > I have my eye on the 60 MM Leica-R macro lens but cannot afford one right
> now. I thought I might get a set of short extension tubes to use with my 50 MM
> lens increasing my range to at least 1:3 or 1:4 if not 1:2; but I can  find no
> extension tubes except for the standard 25 MM one (which I have) intended for
> use with the 60 MM lens. Any ideas? <<<<<<<

G'day Andy,
Seeing that you haven't bought the 60 macro yet save a little longer until you
can purchase the 100 mm 2.8! It's well worth the wait and you'll have a better
lens all round. Besides it's 50 mm longer than your present 50 mm making the mm
change worth waiting.

I might suggest two items to purchase when funds available after buying the 100
macro.

The 2X extender turns the lens into a 200 mm macro lens of superb quality,
allowing for macro work when you don't want to spook off little critters because
you're right on top of them. Also makes the lens into a fine everyday 200 mm
lens at f 5.6. With one click, you jump 100 MM to a 200 mm semi telephoto well
worth the cost.

The other is the R macro adapter to use with the 100 alone, amazing photos. Then
add the 2X extender at the same time working off a tripod and you'll get
pictures others will kill for. Been there done this many many times and if
you're shooting slide film you'll blow people away when screening your images.
Why you might even get the hully gullys of excitement yourself! ;-)

Best bet all round economic return is the 100 mm 2.8 macro!

ted Grant

Message from Andy Schaub <andy@borehamwood.org> ([Leica] Leica-R Extension Tubes)
Message from "Bill Christensen" <billc@xsite.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica-R Extension Tubes/100 Macro)