Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V18 #214
From: "Gregory Goh" <gregorygoh@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 09:31:09

Hi Mike,

Just wanted to add to your mesage...
I have no comparison to contribute on the older lenses, but I do know that
there are new LTM lenses in chrome. (I believe limited edition for the
Japanese market, available since 1999.)
I am told by my dealer in Hong Kong that there are 3 lenses:
   50mm Summicron
   50mm Summilux
   35mm Summicron ASPH
All sold at a premium of course (I know - I have both the Summicrons !)
As I understand it, these are identical to their latest M counterparts
excepting the mount, and I would imagine that relative quality vis-a-vis the
older lenses would mirror the M range.

Cheers,
Greg