Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V18 #214
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 15:08:18 -0700

Most P&S flashes fire at full power and regulate the aperture to control
exposure based on the focused distance. Really cheap P&S cameras just fire
the flash and count on the latitude of the film to get a correct exposure.
It seems to me that it would be easy to test your Minilux using a flash
meter and slide film. Vary focused distances, test flash output from a fixed
distance and use slide film. The slide film will show any exposure
regularities and the effects of different apertures while the flash meter
will indicate if the flash is being quenched. Simple! And then you can phone
the chap(ette) at Leica NJ and fill him/her in.

John Collier

A few pictures are better than thousands of words posted on the Leica-users.