Subject: Re: [Leica] Country of origin
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:45:01 -0800

Erwin Puts wrote:

> [...]
the process of taking photographs. If the camera functions as specified and
delivers the goods, what extra info can be gleaned from the fact that the
camera is made in Portugal, Solms or Dresden? Nothing at all.   SNIP<<<<<<,

>>The alleged quality differences between German and Canadian lenses. between
Wetzlar and Solms M bodies, between Solms and Portugal R bodies, between German
and Japanese manufactured lenses only serve one purpose: produce smoke screens
to make the consumer insecure!<<<<<

Hi Erwin,
Points well made.  Thank you for reinforcing some common sense to this topic
where Leica's are  manufactured.
ted

Replies: Reply from "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com> (Re: [Leica] Country of origin)