Subject: [Leica] Re: Bandwith
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 19:18:46 -0700

On 30 Nov 2000, A.H.SCHMIDT wrote, at least in part:

> Roger,  I never said, that I do not agree with Erwins comment not
> to repeat a lengthy message if you send an answer.  This part of a
> message i quoted, could have been from any ones message. That it
> was from Erwin, was only because it was the last message of this
> kind I had received before deciding to make a comment.  However,
> that was not the issue. What was the issue, was the term
> "Bandwidth" which is wrongly used. The problem with this type of
> ignorant usage of  certain terms is, that it starts to be used
> more and more, and finally, by misuse, it is taken as the correct
> term.

I did not indicate that you said that, Horst. Check my words
carefully. I merely said that I cringe when I see all that stuff
repeated, and I cringe because of the extra load imposed on the
server. Was just indicating the kind of overquoting that is not
necessary or recommended. I later posted a reply to another
reply that, hopefully will further illustrate the problem with a
measure of humor.

- --
Roger, List-Owner
The LEG (Leica Enthusiasts Mailing List)
http://www.topica.com/lists/leica