Subject: [Leica] WAS: country of mnftr NOW: Hunny bunny & buying
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 08:40:31 -0800

Paul Chefurka & John Collier  wrote:    words & wives piece.

Sorry lads I hate to tell you, but after 51 years ring on finger.....aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh I can't stand it any longer!! :-) Just kidding, as she may
read this. :-)

Don't get overly involved with hunny bunch in any discussion with the potential for disagreement, particularly over "camera equipment we all dearly
love and covet."  Just get it, throw the boxes and wrappings away, put said purchase in camera bag and only bring it out in her presence after several
months and even then for a fleeting flashing moment.

Sometimes as daring as, " if you've got the guts for this one!"   " Dear give me a hand for moment, please."  As she complies,  you hand her the "new
several weeks, months old"  new purchase without batting an eye, change something around in the camera bag, retrieve new item and replace in bag.
"Thanks honey bunch!" Close bag and walk away.

Now one of two things will happen..... Either she misses you've handed her a new lens / camera whatever and says nothing!    Whew cool, made that
one!! :-)  And if in the future she scares the hell out of you for a moment with,  "Darling,  isn't that a new lens?"  You have an immediate out, "Naw
not really ( theoretically it isn't you've had it several months!)  you held that a couple weeks ago when I changed my bag around. Don't you
remember?" And you just carry on like nothing happened. Under your breath a couple a quiet Hail Mary's or whatever. ;-)

Or the big hammer comes down when she recognizes and knows you've pulled a fast one!  " When did you get this new lens? Honey bunch!" Complete
withering voice level!   And you know it isn't just a sort of gentle question, this is a demand from "On high!"

You on the other hand are at an extreme disadvantage because you are kneeling before her on the floor with equipment bag open and she's standing over
you holding your beloved new lens! Now if ever there is a time for the ""Well hunny bunny, lambkins, light of my life." line this is it "BIG TIME!"
:-) Because they have no sense of humour when it comes to you blowing a few grand on another new toy, particularly when you didn't consult with "lamby
kins!"  in the first place.:-)

And we all know why we didn't consult, don't we?  She'd have said no and we'd still be in a funk because we didn't have the new Noctilux we so
coveted. :-(  Logic has it when buying any new Leica gear, buy now suffer later!  Hey she'll get over it sooner or later cause you can always suck up
to her with lots of, """Well hunny bunny, lambkins, light of my life."  and a few bunches of flowers, chocolates and a nice dinner out!  Unfortunately
this raises the cost of the lens some what, but so what,  you got the toy and yer happy. Right? :-)

Just remember, confrontation with yer spouse over Leica gear is more likely to get you smacked across the side of the head while your kneeling before
them! ;-) Be cool, wait six months before you kind of flash the new stuff around, by then you'll have it nicely dinged up and it wont look like it
just came out of the box! Hey a user kinda guy gets dings once in awhile,  big deal, just means you're a user, means you're photographer. Right?  :-)

ted