Subject: [Leica] Re: Apo 100, CoF and Macro
From: John Gong <jgong@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 14:45:18 -0800

Hans,

I'm puzzled by your statements.  At 1:2 or 1:1, the 100mm must certainly be
further from the subject than a 60mm macro, given the same image size on
the negative. Looking at the Jonathan Eastland book, the minimum distances
are .45m vs. .27m respectively.

Also, are your assumptions about relative sharpness based on your
expreiences?  From my experience, the 100 APO beats the 100 f4 hands down
from wide open to f8. The apochromatic correction is not just ornamental. I
never compared the lenses stopped down further than that.

John