Subject: Re: [Leica] Country of origin
From: "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 11:42:28 +0100

It is a first and I hope last time I am saying anything
in such ridiculously, utterly, unbelievably stupid
thread; here you have:

> Don't be ridiculous Erwin.  Mythical?  Is it mythical that the German
> army, using German built weapons and machinery, far superior to
> anything else in Europe, sliced through the Dutch, British, and French
> armies like a hot knife through butter not so long ago.

What about Polish army? Germans won, yes, but Polish cavalry
(yes, guys on horses) equipped in small field artillery guns
totally destroyed whole swarm (division?) of German tanks near
Studzianki? How Polish partisans managed to get Enigma? To
take from Peenemunde and ship to England parts of V2?
And finally: how they managed, being only partisans,
to free Warsaw, biggest Polis city, without ANY help
from East nor West??? With homemade Sten copies and
bottles of petroleum only???

Like hot butter through the ice... :)

- -----
                                St.