Subject: Re: [Leica] Jupiter 3, 50mm f1.5, on Leica IIIa
From: "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 12:18:38 +0100

> To be precise, the pitch for LTM has always been 26 turns-per-inch
> Whitworth, which equates to .977mm but the slope of the threads is not
> metric but Whitworth, a carry-over from Leitz' microscope origins.

Not wanting to be a PITA, I still think: why Russian lenses don't
screw on onder LTM Leicas, but screws easily onto later ones?
I have two IIIc; one from 1948, one from 1949. Jupiter 3, Jupiter 12
and Industar 22 fits later one, but I can't manage to screw them
easily on earlier one. More: I have a "test thread: - I don't know
what the proper name is - it is a precisely made ring with 39mm (AFAIR)
1mm thread. It screws easily on later one, but doesn't screw on earlier
one....

- -----
                                St.
                              LeSabre