Subject: Re: [Leica] leica zoom lenses
From: "Dan States" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2000 03:34:40 -0000

I use the 35-70 F4.0 regularly and love it.  It is very good even at f4.5
and amazing from there down.  It exhibets amazingly high accutance, contrast
and flare control.

My only complaint would be a bit of pincusion distortion at the 60-70 range,
and of course the maximum aperture of only f4.0.  While I have not seen any
published tests of the lens other than Erwins' it is my understanding that
it is of higher performance than the 28-70 which has taken it's lumps in
user reviews.

Best wishes
Dan States
Madison WI