Subject: Re: [Leica] new delta 400
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 22:38:15 -0800

Guy Bennett wrote:

> lugfolk,
>
> spent the afternoon printing some new shots, many of which were taken using
> ilford's new delta 400. as promised, the grain is definitely more
> pronounced than before, something i personally find saddening because its
> previously fine grain was what primarily set it apart from hp5+ and tmax,
> imo. the supposed reason for the change was so that the film would push
> better. since the latter two films already push fine, it would seem more
> logical to have kept a "fine grain option" for those occasions when pushing
> was not an issue.
>
> out of curiosity, has any one else noticed the difference - grain or any
> other - in the new delta 400, and if so, what do you feel about it?
>
> guy

It this turns out to be true for me as well, Guy than I'll switch to T Max  400.
It has a tremendously symbiotic effect with Xtol 1:3 as I use and as I now us
two fixes I should have no problem getting the pink out.
But Delta 100 for the strobe and tripod stuff still. They would not DARE screw
up that film.
T Max 100 I could not switch to. I'd try Agfapan 100 first. Plus x even.
Instead of a pushable 400 they should just come out with an 80 or 1600...
instead of a hyped up 3200 which is really 1200 and cost a bundle.
Don't' go there Ilford!!!
:)

mark rabiner
:)