Subject: Re: [Leica] new delta 400
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 08:24:39 -0800

>Guy Bennett wrote:
>>
>> lugfolk,
>>
>> spent the afternoon printing some new shots, many of which were taken using
>> ilford's new delta 400. as promised, the grain is definitely more
>> pronounced than before, something i personally find saddening because its
>> previously fine grain was what primarily set it apart from hp5+ and tmax,
>> imo...
>> guy
>
>It this turns out to be true for me as well, Guy than I'll switch to T Max
>400.
>It has a tremendously symbiotic effect with Xtol 1:3 as I use and as I now us
>two fixes I should have no problem getting the pink out.
>But Delta 100 for the strobe and tripod stuff still. They would not DARE screw
>up that film.
>T Max 100 I could not switch to. I'd try Agfapan 100 first. Plus x even.
>Instead of a pushable 400 they should just come out with an 80 or 1600...
>instead of a hyped up 3200 which is really 1200 and cost a bundle.
>Don't' go there Ilford!!!
>mark rabiner

before switching to delta 400, i was using agfapan 400 - maybe it's time to
give that film another chance. i'm not against tmax either, and will also
consider switching to that. i'd like to settle on just 1 film for most of
my needs (which is what i did with d400) and really learn it.

time to do some comparison testing...

guy

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] new delta 400)