Subject: Re: [Leica] new delta 400
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2000 18:14:59 -0500

Hehe...I guess there's a moral to this story somewhere.   Different strokes
for different folks, or something like that.  Way back when, I attended a
meeting sponsored by a local dealer and Kodak, where they gave away free
samples of the new and as yet unreleased newfangled tmax100 and 400 films
(I still have a roll of each in my freezer; they may well be from one of
the first emulsion batches).  I found the 100 speed to be a revelation,
developed in D76 1:1, but had problems controlling contrast with the 400
speed film right from the start.  This was a long time ago, and my
knowledge of film processing and contrast control is much higher now, so if
I tried tmax400 again, I could probably get to like it.  Or at least be
able to manage it better.

I keep hearing about how great delta 100 is, but I'm just too used to Tmax100.

Dan C.

Message from Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net> (Re: [Leica] new delta 400)