Subject: [Leica] Re: Coating a Plywood Darkroom Sink
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2000 18:19:37 -0800

I simply built a very sturdy 3/4" plywood sink with l-o-t-s of screws
holding it together. Mine is L shaped, goes around a corner. 78" long on
the long side and 48" long on the short side of the L. The sink is 36" wide
and 8" deep. I built the back very high as a back splash (24").  I built
this sink about 18 years ago when I built a new darkroom.

I used marine resin as the sealer. Somewhere between five and eight coats.
Sand in between. I have a very thick durable resin plastic sink that is
super strong. One drain at each end of the long direction, that is, one in
the corner of the L and the other at the other (long) end, at the back.

Anyway, the answer is Marine Resin and hardener. I used a slow hardener and
no coloring so the finish is clear. The coating, curing, sanding, coating,
curing... etc. took about ten days.

Jim