Subject: [Leica] Re: Coating a Plywood Darkroom Sink
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 10:17:47 -0800

Over the past 50 years, I have built three sinks. I used the first for 20
years, the second for 12 years, and no my current sink for the past 18
years. Each new sink was for a new darkroom ergo a new design. Each sink
was simply heavy plywood, screwed and glued, and finished only with between
five and ten coats of plain old Marine Epoxy Resin. Marine Epoxy Resin is
completely and totally resistant to darkroom chemicals. At the end of 20
years (my first sink) it looked like it did when I built it. No stains, no
surface etching, nothing.

It is very simple to build a sink. There is no need for fiberglass cloth or
any other coatings or stuff. Just plywood, glue, screws, and Marine Epoxy
Resin.

Jim

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] Re: Re: Coating a Plywood Darkroom Sink)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Coating a Plywood Darkroom Sink)